Make Difference in Your Community
ReThink Service is a 12 week virtual fellowship program for teens who are passionate about servingtheir community. Youth fellows will have an opportunity to design their very own community serviceproject and lead their peers to better the communities in which they reside.
- Represent your school
- Prepare for college and career
- Earn a stipend of $200 with successful completion
- Boost your resume with a fellowship experience
- Build leadership & 21st century skills
- Gain a personal mentor to help you plan your project
- Become a social change agent
- Expand your network and learn from communityleaders
- Enrolled as a High School Junior at an Alachua County HighSchool
- Able to spend a minimum of 3 hrsper week dedicated to meetingwith assigned mentor and otherprogram activities
Meet The Fellows
Hawthorne Middle/High School’s Siaderiel hosted an event at the Wrap Shack in Hawthorne on Friday, April 23, to raise awareness and funds to support mental health in teens. Siaderiel recruited 16 of her peers to assist her in this three-hour community event.
Santa Fe High School’s Alisha implemented the “Pot a Plant” event. This service project was a fun, safe and educational morning for children, held at the Worthington Springs Community Center in the City of Alachua on Saturday, April 24. For this two-hour event, Alisha enlisted the aid of Lowe’s and Home Depot, who donated supplies.
Hawthorne Middle/High School’s Ash and Liadin are working to decrease the number of stray cats in the Waldo community. For their service project, the pair created a two-hour karaoke event at the Waldo Community Center on Saturday, April 24 to raise funds to provide medical attention, buy food and toys and raise awareness of the issue.